Book Promo Banner
Would Like to Try Sewing, Never Done it

Would Like to Try Sewing, Never Done it

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Would Like to Try Sewing, Never Done it

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

First of all you have a great site, both in terms of content and the design!

I do this thing I like to call “free-association youtube/wikipedia/etc” where I start at point A and end up somewhere completely different by clicking on suggested videos or links to other articles, and I ended up at your youtube instructional for making boxers.

Now here’s my question: I’ve never sewn anything more complicated than a button that fell off a pair of khakis, and I would like to try the boxer project. I don’t have my own sewing machine, but have access to one. What videos/articles/techniques do I need to master before I can successfully accomplish this project? The last thing I want is to be so over my head that I just get discouraged and give up. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Maybe try our half apron as it’s very simple and can be completed easily but, before that, I would get the machine and just practice sewing straight linesand sewing seams, so that you can get comfortable with the machine.  Once you feel like you’re getting the hang of it, try making the half apron.  Boxers are actually an excellent beginner project to start with.  My first project was quite similar, I made pajama shorts.  The only part, I would skip over would be the button/buttonhole part and maybe keep the fly open or stitch it shut.  We’ll save buttonholes for when you’re feeling more comfortable. But never give up and believe me, all beginners feel frustrated and overwhelmed at first.  Just go at your own pace.  That’s why we created these videos, so that you can watch when you want, pause, and rewind if you need it.  And if you ever have any questions, we’ll do our best to help. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.