Professor Pincushion may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 03/15/2011.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. Users also have a profile they can provide further personal information, if they choose to provide it. Please be aware that some of this information will be displayed to the public. Professor Pincushion discourages providing further information to us above and beyond your professorpincushion.com username, password, and e-mail address.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: username, e-mail address, and password. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- When someone comes to our site, we may automatically collect some non-personally identifiable information such as the type of computer operating system (e.g., Windows 7 or Mac OS), browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) being used, and the domain name of the Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Charter). We may also collect aggregate demographic data such as the geographic location from which the professorpincushion.com site is accessed along with your computer's IP address. We also monitor what specific pages you visit while on professorpincushion.com including your video watching habits and statistics.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
- We continually strive to improve our website's offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
- Our information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for registration may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your membership, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be removed form any mailing lists.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order, enter, submit, or access your personal information on professorpincushion.com.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Your password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure. However, it is recommended that you do not reuse the same password across a number of different websites. Your password is the means of accessing your account at professorpincushion.com, so please guard it carefully and under no circumstance will anyone affiliated with professorpincushion.com, or another 3rd party, legitimately ask you for your password. Should you forget your password for your account, you can use the “I forgot my password” feature provided on the login page. This process will ask you to submit your user name and your e-mail, then a new password will be generated and sent to you via e-mail to reclaim your account.
- Professor Pincushion uses Paypal to accept all online payment transactions. We store your Paypal transaction ID, the e-mail address used to complete your Paypal transaction and possibly a shipping address if you purchased a product from our store. We DO NOT store any credit card information or anything else associated with your Paypal account used to complete the transaction.
- We will disclose information we maintain as required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a specific law enforcement agency's request.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser, (if you allow), that enables the sites or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We DO NOT sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website including links provided by other Professor Pincushion members. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
- As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime.
- How to Change your Blog profile:
- Click the "Dashboard" link at the top right of the screen
- Select the "Profile" tab on the left bar
- Select "Your Profile" and change your information
- How to Change your Blog profile:
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. Persons under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our products or services.
Terms of Service
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.professorpincushion.com/terms
This policy was last modified on 3/15/2011