Book Promo Banner
Slip Stitch

Slip Stitch

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Slip Stitch

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I have put the elastic inside the casing through the opening in the casing. The directions are telling me to slip stitch the opening to close it. I have searched for directions on slip stitches, but all that I find are not really clear. Anyone have directions that are easy to follow? After doing this, I insert the drawstring that I made from the same fabric rather than purchasing the twill the patterns calls for. It was easy to make. After that, I need to have my housemate, Mike, put the pants and mark the hem. I am excited about this little project I did. It ain’t perfect, but for a first try, I think I did good. Will post some pics and maybe someone will point out where I could have done better. I think I need to work on seams some. I am not sure if I should trim seams, do flat fell seams, etc. I think the flat fell look better. Is there a video on flat fell seams? Too many things in one post! LOL!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I can’t wait to see how it turns out. Here’s our tutorial on the flat felled seam: https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/flat-felled-seam/
    check out this tutorial for the hand blind hem stitch. I chose this instead of a regular slip stitch because it’ll probably look similar to your casing. They’re kind of used interchangeably. https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/blind-stitch/ Hope these help! 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Well, here are some pics. The threads were raveling around the casing, so I tried to overcast, but it is not really good. Also, when I took the pics, I found that I had sewn the pocket a little more than I should have when i attached the casing. Seam ripper to the rescue. The buttonholes for the drawstring appears to be off center; however, I did match the center line markings. Not sure what happened there. But, this was a practice piece. I am about to make the real thing. Is there a video on how to match plaids and stripes? I looked, but not sure how I would search. I searched using pattern as a key word.

Criticism welcomed from all. I got my new tracing wheel today. Has two wheels on one post. I can be set so that I can trace the outline of the pattern and also the seam lines. It is metric, but the difference is between the 5/8″ seam line and the metric is about 1/16″ narrower. I don’t think that will make a big difference.

Thanks everyone for any comments, good or bad. I can take it! LOL!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

It’s looking really good so far! Your buttonholes look fantastic. I wouldn’t worry about the overcast stitches. It just takes practice and it’s on the inside anyways 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
    We don’t have any tutorials on matching plaids yet but hoped to someday 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.