Book Promo Banner
Simplicity Pattern 2172 Steampunk Coat Question

Simplicity Pattern 2172 Steampunk Coat Question

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity Pattern 2172 Steampunk Coat Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    johnstonga
    Participant

First, many thanks on the excellent video. I am going to binge watch all of your videos now that I found you. I am making Simplicity Pattern 2172 Steampunk coat for my niece who is the maid of honor at a costume wedding on Halloween. She would like a kickpleat (vent) on the back. I viewed your (and others’) video on how to add a kick pleat with lining and that seems doable given the center back seam construction. What my question for you is, how would you alter attaching the lining to the garment to incorporate the kickpleat? The curved front has me a bit mystified in that I cannot simply hide the join in a facing corner. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gloria

professorpincushion
    Participant

hmmmmm…..I’m trying to think what I would do. I think you’re right that it’s convenient that the center back seam of the jacket can easily allow a vent. I guess, when I sew the lining to the outer shell of the jacket, I wouldn’t sew the bottom hemline seam. So it would reflect more like a skirt and make it easier to do the vent and then hand sew the bottom edge, similar to do a skirt. I hope that helps a little. good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.