Book Promo Banner
Question about Vest Pattern 4762 Video

Question about Vest Pattern 4762 Video

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Question about Vest Pattern 4762 Video

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 5 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi there, I’m making the vest for my fiance and have run into a problem. He is 6’1” tall and is tall in the torso but a medium size in build. When a did a mock up of the vest with scrap fabric, I found his vest was approx. 2” short. I’d like to lengthen it, but there are no lengthen lines to reference. Do I just tack on the extra length to the bottom or should I cut the pattern at the indicated waistline and add it there?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m new at this but I know there are videos on how to lengthen and shorten patterns. One of them taught me how to shorten my pants pattern. I would try “lengthen pattern” as a search term.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I already watched those. In all cases the length was added to a straight edge bottom (which I don’t have the liberty of utilizing) or a lengthen line (which I also do not have).

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hi there, I would add it to the bottom and you can do it similar to our tutorial in in lengthen or shorten a bodice found here: https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/lengthen-or-shorten-bodice-pattern-alteration/ Basically, you’re drawing your outline of the bodice or vest pieces (both front and back) then slide it down 2″ and redraw a new bottom. So you’re still maintaining the shape of the bottom and it’s not that hard to do. I hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.