Book Promo Banner
New Look Pattern A6125

New Look Pattern A6125

Home Page Forums Ask A Question New Look Pattern A6125

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

My very helpful, Professor. So glad I found this site. I made dress A on this pattern with a lining. Love the way it fits but I want to make one without the lining for summer wear. It has neck & back facing I can use but no armhole facing. Can I make armhole facings or is there a site where I can find out how to do this? The ones I found showed how to make an all-in-one facing but I don’t need this. I also plan to cut the length a little shorter to make  pullovers tops sans the invisible zipper. Hope you can help because I really love this pattern.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi there!  It’s so exciting that your taking the pattern you love a step further and starting to experiment with it.  You can make your own armhole facing to make a dress with sleeves into a sleeveless dress.  You must measure the armhole of both the front and back bodice pattern and add those two measurements together.  If I was to take my size of the betty dress pattern (2444), as an example, the front armhole is 9 1/2″ and the back is 9″ so that equals 18 1/2″  I measured the armhole facing pattern that came in my envelope and sure enough it was 18 1/2″ long (for my size and this is including seam allowance).  The width is 2″ so that seems like a good standard for the width of your facing.  So my pattern is just a strip 18 1/2″ X 2″ and I would use this pattern to cut 2 out of my fabric.  Yours could be “your front +back armhole length” by 2″ and that should keep it simple.  For directions on putting on the armhole facing, definitely check the betty dress tutorial starting at timecode:  1:19:53.  Good luck and I’d love to see a picture when you finish! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.