Book Promo Banner
Men's jeans

Men's jeans

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Men's jeans

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    romainesmith
    Participant

Hi Tova,

Please excuse me if that;s not your name 🙂
    I want to get into making some clothes which suit me, from clothes I own and like. And was really please to have come across your YouTube channel as a starting point. I’d like to try and make some jeans and I watched the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB_6BNxIeto&t=23s

I was wondering if there was anything different to consider when trying to make a pattern from the men’s jeans that I have. Also what sewing machine/s would need to be considered to make jeans? I noticed that you only had the tutorial of creating the pattern. I’ve never made clothes before. But I’d really like to give a go at creating clothes I like (in respect to fit) as I find it hard to come by many clothes which have a fit that I like. Something I’ve wanted to do for years now. x

professorpincushion
    Participant

hello! while the fit on women’s jeans and men’s jeans are obviously different, the standard method for constructing a pair of jeans is pretty much the same for both. If you go into a fabric store, you’ll should be able to find patterns for jeans….although, unfortunately, patterns for men’s garments is sadly lacking in terms of selection, but you can at least reference the directions even for a pair of women’s jeans just to give you an idea. We also have a tutorial on our website where I construct a pair of jeans for myself but it’s part of our premium membership which is $5 a month. You can just pay for 1 month if you wish to just check out the video. Jean Assembly is here: https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/jeans-assembly/ As far as a sewing machine is concerned, I wouldn’t buy the cheapest machine you can find, such as one for under $100 bucks. A lot of the cheap consumer sewing machines can’t handle sewing through denim very well so if you’re planning on sewing with a lot of denim, you may consider in investing in one of the more expensive sewing machines like a bernina, husqvarna, or babylock. These can’t be found in big box stores but instead you have to find a local vendor. If you don’t know where to start, call a local sewing and vac store and ask them. These machines will cost around $700 for a basic machine but they’re built much better. Plus, a lot of these vendors have used machines to offer cheaper because people trade them in when they decide to upgrade and sometimes I even see them on places like craigslist. good luck! 🙂

romainesmith
    Participant

Oh my days! thanks you so much. This is massively helpful! Appreciate this 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.