Book Promo Banner
How to sew a gore in a skirt

How to sew a gore in a skirt

Home Page Forums Ask A Question How to sew a gore in a skirt

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m trying to make a straight skirt with 4 gores inserted. having a problem sewing into the point of the gore. Any hints on making this easy.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hi there! Do you mean godet? Usually, when I think of a gored skirt, looking like sort of like an a-line skirt in which the bottom flares out but the skirt itself is divided into sections so that each gore goes from waistline to hemline. A godet is a triangle shaped piece that is inserted just at the bottom of the skirt. I’ve attached two pictures. The first picture shows gored skirts, the second picture is a skirt with godets. I actually just had a question about sewing godets and it might help you out. You can read it here: https://www.professorpincushion.com/forums/topic/inserting-a-godet/ Does this help?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Yup, You’re right. Godet it is. (Yes! Got it!) I’m actually not making panels. Just a floor length pencil skirt with one seam sewn part way down. Then cutting slits to make the other inserts. I guess it’s just a matter of getting used to doing it. Should get easier as I go. Skirt is a gold stretch lame’ and inserts are a sheer green with a gold print. Making it for dance.

Thank you for your help. Would love to see a video of this some day.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

It’s definitely on my list. 🙂 I’d love to see your skirt when you finish. sounds lovely 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.