Book Promo Banner
Inserting a godet

Inserting a godet

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Inserting a godet

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am quite a novice and I am making my first skirt. I have to insert godets and the pattern instructions say ‘stitch seams, breaking and reinforcing stitching at large dots’ I am not sure what this means exactly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

can you add a picture of the directions? You’ll see below the chat window, there’s an “attachments” button where you can add pictures. It’ll probably be easier if I can see it. Thanks! 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank you

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m assuming it’s the “breaking” that’s getting the side eye from you. I think they just mean to stop sewing when you get to the large dot on one side, so you sew from hemline to large dot, back stitch and physically cut your thread. Reinforce this seam by stitching 1″ from the large dot to the large dot. Repeat for the other side. Does that help?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Yes thank you it was the breaking stitch I was confused about. That is really helpful and thank you for responding so quickly. Your videos and help are invaluable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.