Book Promo Banner
How to Resize Pilowcase from Vid Tutorial

How to Resize Pilowcase from Vid Tutorial

Home Page Forums Ask A Question How to Resize Pilowcase from Vid Tutorial

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Love your videos and especially the “Dear Professor Pincushion” ones! I tried the pillowcase tutorial on a smaller scale to see how well I could do it and it was really easy. Now I would like to make something similar to hold shoes so they don’t rub against each other in their boxes. I purchased flannel but now I don’t know what size to cut the pieces and if I should use contrast flannel for the end (like the solid piece on your pillowcase). Any ideas on how to determine the size I need? I wear a size men’s 8.5 regular width and plan to make a bag for each shoe (not one bag for a pair). My shoes measure 11.5″-12″ long, 4.5″ high and 3.5″ wide on average. I’m not looking for a snug fit so a general size that would fit most would be great. Thanks and keep up the good work!! (PS I also wrote this as a comment on the pillowcase tutorial)

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi there! I’m so glad you’re enjoying our tutorials! 🙂 If it were me, I would try a piece that’s maybe 14″ by 12″. 14″ would be the length of the bag and 12″ would get folded in half. Maybe just try with a cheap piece of muslin and baste the side and bottom and see if you need more room. You also might want to check out this tutorial: https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/produce-bag/ It’s a produce bag but it has a drawstring top so you can work it out for your own shoe bag to keep them from falling out. Hope that helps! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.