Book Promo Banner
fabric with writing on it

fabric with writing on it

Home Page Forums Ask A Question fabric with writing on it

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi I’m new to sewing and wanted to make a shirt that has my home NFL team logo all over the material. I am now totally confused as to how to layout the pattern to make sure all the words and helmets are all right side up when I put the shirt together. Can someone give me a little guidance with this please. thank you.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi there! Are you using a commercial pattern? I have found that that pattern companies will print the information on their pattern right side up. So if you lay your pattern so that you can read the pattern piece correctly, then the top of the pattern will be true top. Another way to confirm this is that one side will have more curves than the other. A small curve at the top will be the neckline. The large curve is the armhole and therefore the side of the pattern and the side that may be completely flat is the hemline or the bottom of the shirt. Hope this helps!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Finally got the pattern cut out and I think all the pieces will fit with the writing up. Now the step I’m on is making a buttonhole on the shirt pockets. Now this is a challenge for me as my machine is an old model singer and nothing is automatic. So I can’t just press a button and have the machine make the buttonhole. It’s a manual buttonhole and I’m not even sure if I’m putting the foot part on right. I wish they had videos of older model machines that would show all of this. Acutally seeing someone do it is a whole lot easier. So I’m working on that part now and hopefully will get it right. Will let you know. thanks for all the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.