Book Promo Banner
Confused, please help :)

Confused, please help :)

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Confused, please help :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I am brand new to sewing and I love it. The only thing that I have ever made before is this one skirt and it was really simple. Now, I’m working on this other skirt and I am soooo confused about understanding the pattern and I was hoping you could help me. I have attached the directions and I was hoping that you could explain what I am doing to where it makes more sense than the pattern does. I did the first 2 steps but what I need help with is understanding step 3. It says to apply interfacing to yoke front and yoke back. Then it says to stitch yoke sections together at notched side seam. I cut out the interfacing but the problem I have is that I have no clue how to apply interfacing. I’m confused 🙁 Also, I have absolutely no clue as to how to stich it together. For some reason the picture just isn’t making sense. I just don’t get it. I also don’t understand step 4 like at all. I have attached pictures so that hopefully you can help. Thank you!!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

did you buy sew-in interfacing or fusible interfacing?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Fusible will have tiny glue dots all on one side. If there are no glue dots and it looks the same on both sides than it’s sew in. With fusible, you’ll have to iron it on to a pair of the fabric yokes. With sew-in, you can just machine baste around the perimeter to attach it to the fabric pieces. Here’s a tutorial for a skirt I made with a yoke. The directions may be different than what you have but you can see me attach my interfacing to my yoke pieces. Hope this helps. https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/skirt-yoke-assembly/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.