Book Promo Banner
Bags with pockets and interfacing

Bags with pockets and interfacing

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Bags with pockets and interfacing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lisat
    Participant

Hi, i’m New to the forum and just subscribed to your YouTube channel, which is awesome by the way. I’m confusing myself a little bit as I am making a bag for my mother in law. It needs to be sturdy bc it’s for her portable oxygen. I’m using fusible fleece for outer fabric and Pellon shape flex for the pockets and to give the inner lining some shape and durability. I can change any of this if you have better advice. There will be an outer zipper pocket and I don’t know if I should fuse the fusible fleece to the outer fabric first, then make the pocket (I think that’s correct). Also, should the fusible fleece go all the way to the zippper cutout, or should I keep it back a bit? Thank you for any advice you might have.
    Lisa

professorpincushion
    Participant

yes, I would fuse the fleece first and leave a cut out where you want to put in the zipper, I wouldn’t cut back too much but a 1/4″ barrier around the zipper is probably fine. You don’t need any fleece where the zipper tape will be because the zipper tape is usually a little stiff and will provide some stability on it’s own. I definitely think you’re on the right track! good luck!

lisat
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.