Book Promo Banner
XXL SIZES

XXL SIZES

Home Page Forums Ask A Question XXL SIZES

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 2 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Please first I want to know if there are mannequins for sizes of x-extra large women. I have your bodice front and back videos, but my fear and challenge still remains on how to apply this to xtra sized women. How do you measure for XXL women and then draft their bodices? These are the challenges. Keep up the good work tovah

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hello, you can buy professional dressforms through this company http://theshopcompany.com/professional-female-dressform-w-collapsible-shoulders.html?gclid=CJyXu-jGn9ICFQ-dfgodThANjQ They’re more expensive than the adjustable dressforms but a better quality and easier to work with when it comes to fitting and draping. If you need a dress form for yourself and want to go the cheap route, you can also make your own. I haven’t tried this but there are a lot of tutorials online. Here’s one I found: http://couturestories.blogspot.co.il/p/dressform.html, they use plaster for durability but I’ve also seen people use ducktape.

To be honest, I haven’t drafted a bodice block for xxl sizes so I can’t speak on if there needs to additional measurements needed for drafting the block. I would try the steps given and, definitely, make a muslin to see what the fit is like. I feel like this would give you at least a good jumping off point and be more accurate than a basic bodice from a commercial pattern company, as they tend to only draft for a size 8 and then just evenly grade the pattern up so the proportions remain the same for all sizes. If you do it, please let me know your results because I’m interested in what you learn. Thanks!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I will get back to you in a week, two or more.
    Maybe it might need a couple of steps and combination of technics. Whatever it takes we will communicate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.