I just found out about your site. I was so amaze with your brief and clear instruction. I am new to the field, I am learning from many videos on Youtube from different people . I just have these questions for you:
1) When We use Decorative stitches on the sewing machine. Do we use regular thread or need to use Embroidery Thread ?
2) Do I need to put anything over the decorative stitch, for my paint hem to last longer after many wash in the washing machine ?
3) Can you tell me when do we use Tear away and when do we use the Wash away Stabilizer ?
1. You can actually use whatever type of thread you want. You can use the embroidery thread as your top thread (I’d still use all-purpose for the bobbin) if you want the stitch to have more of a glossy look but you can also use all-purpose thread too and it will still look nice.
2. it doesn’t need to be treated any differently just because it’s going in the wash and I’ve never had an issue with it coming out. If I wanted something more durable than I’d probably do my decorative stitch with the all-purpose thread, because I just feel like it’s stronger.
3. This is really up to you and could also depend on the fabric. If you’re working with dry clean only fabric, you don’t want to use the wash away stabilizer. I find washaway to be easier to work with but it’s also more expensive.
Hope this helps! 🙂
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.