Book Promo Banner
Which fabric to choose for a T shirt dress?

Which fabric to choose for a T shirt dress?

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Which fabric to choose for a T shirt dress?

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am going to have a go at making a replica of my favourite T shirt dress. However, the fabrics go under lots of different names. Should I go for jersey, or knit fabric? Also, is T shirt material ok or should it be slightly thicker? My dress feels slightly thicker. I really would appreciate advice.

Regards.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I think the two most common knits you’ll be dealing with for a project like this are going to be jersey knit and interlock knit. Jersey is more commonly used in tshirts, as it’s lightweight but it tends to be thinner than interlock fabric and, I think harder to work with. Jersey tends to get roll-y and that drives me crazy. While Interlock knit is thicker than jersey, it’s actually pretty nice to cut and sew with. If you want something that’s similar to your current dress, it sounds like you should look at interlock knit. Please post a pic when you finish and good luck! 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot. I will buy the suggested fabric. It really is wonderful to have your expertise to hand!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.