Book Promo Banner
What to do with wide lace trim…?

What to do with wide lace trim…?

Home Page Forums Ask A Question What to do with wide lace trim…?

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 7 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

So I bought this lime green lace online, and it looked really cute on the website, but when it arrived in the mail…well, it looked more like something one would expect to see on Oscar the Grouch’s bride. It’s bright neon green and about 3″ wide. I don’t want to throw it out, but as long as it sits in my sewing bag, I am obsessed with getting rid of it. I’d love to make something pretty out of this not-so-pretty trim, but I don’t know what to make. Ideas?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Forgot to mention: the lace is 9 ft. long.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Is it stretchy? I’m obsessed with lacy looking boot cuffs but it really only works if your trim is stretchy. And the color can add a cool pop of color to simple outfit. Another idea for a simple accessory is making wide headbands with it. This even works if the fabric isn’t stretchy. Just add a piece of elastic to the ends of the headband to complete a loop. Since you have a long piece you can probably make a few and give them as gifts or start your own oscar the grouch lace headband gang. 😉

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Not stretchy, but headbands are PERFECT! My son is visiting his girlfriend this weekend, and I can send them with him to give to her and her friends. Thanks!!! And Happy New Year!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.