Book Promo Banner
Walking foot for Janome 525S

Walking foot for Janome 525S

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Walking foot for Janome 525S

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Having had problems sewing stretch material, I want to buy an easy feed walking foot for my machine. However I see there are two possibilities. One has an open toe and the other does not. I am not planning to do quilting but I am unsure which to choose. I am a real novice and would appreciate any advice. Thank you

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hi there! I understand the issue with stretchy fabric as it can be a real pain to work with sometimes. Instead of a walking foot, have you tried sewing with the fabric sandwiched between tissue paper. This trick really works well for me and you can just tear the paper off when you’re done with the seam. Also, make sure you do a stay stitch for any curved areas as it’ll keep this area from distorting later. If the knit fabric is on the thin side and slippery, the walking foot might not help. I’ve attempted this myself to see what happens and, for me, every time the walking foot lifts, the fabric will slip. As a result, my seam ended up pretty sloppy looking and I just ripped it out and used a regular foot. I just think these types of fabrics need the foot pressure. I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.