Book Promo Banner
UP SIZING A CHILD’S APRON

UP SIZING A CHILD’S APRON

Home Page Forums Ask A Question UP SIZING A CHILD’S APRON

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 2 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi
    I’m new sewist and I purchased a Simplicity pattern #1272 an apron for my daughter. I accidentally bought a pattern too small. The pattern only goes to size 8 hip 27 inches, chest 28 inches and height 52 inches. She’s a size 10 chest 28 inches, hip 30 inches and height 55 inches. I don’t want to take it back because she loves it! How do I adjust this pattern to fit her??
    Thanks!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Because it’s an apron with ties, fit is very flexible to begin with because it’s not going to be worn alone. You might want to add an extra inch to the length or to the width at the back but I would leave the very cute heart bib as is. I hope you are making a matching one either for you or for a favorite Aunt or Granny she bakes with!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Yes, as Sarah says, since it’s an apron, you can probably get away with doing minor adjustments. In fact, I might just make the ties a little longer since the hip width difference is only 3″ and just make the “skirt” portion of the apron a little longer than the pattern, if you wish to increase the length. Since the chest measurements are the same in size 8 and size 10, I would just leave this as is. Good luck and please post an image after you finish it 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.