Book Promo Banner
type of stitching for jersey bias binding

type of stitching for jersey bias binding

Home Page Forums Ask A Question type of stitching for jersey bias binding

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hi, i am confused of using the right stitch for hemming jersey neckline. I used strecth straight stitch but the result of the stitch is not neat. I saw one of my jersey dress neckline that i have in my wardrobe and it turned out using a normal straight stitch. I tried using straight stitch with ballpoint needle, but when it came to curve part, the stitching was also not neat.

Can you suggest me which stitch should i use?

thank you for your help,
    rika

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hmmmm….have you tried stitching with tissue paper on top of the fabric. Sometimes that’s the trick that really helps me with tricky fabric. You can use the straight stitch as long as the neckline is still big enough to get over you head ok. Also, you may want to check your thread tension and make sure it’s not too tight.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Tq for your tips. Normally for leight jersey fabric what is the ideal tension to use?

Tq, rika

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

every machine is a bit different so you really have to practice on scraps. I think for my machine, I used a normal thread tension about 3 but adjusted my presser foot tension to a little higher, 5, because the fabric was on the thin side.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.