Book Promo Banner
Twill Tape

Twill Tape

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Twill Tape

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Dear Professor, hope you had a good Christmas & New Years. I have a burning question. I am making a  skirt & it calls for twill tape. Did not notice when I bought the pattern(my bad). I live about 40 miles from the nearest town &  I would like to know what I could use for twill tape. I’m in a bind right now! Please help!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

You can use ribbon. It’s not as strong as twill tape, but it’ll work in a pinch. I hate when i forget something at the fabric store too.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

You can try using some of the selvages or you can make straight-grain tape just like you make bias tape but you you cut it on the straight grain.  You need to turn the edges under since twill tape has woven edges like selvages.  You will get a little more bulk than you get with twill tape because you have to turn the edges under to prevent ravelling.  You could also use a thinner fabric so it’s not as bulky.  It doesn’t curve as well since it’s not as stretchy as twill tape but I have done this when I wanted a certain color.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.