Book Promo Banner
Tubular cottonj jersey

Tubular cottonj jersey

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Tubular cottonj jersey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I have recently received some of the above tubular cotton jersey for tee shirts. Can you tell me please do I use it tubular or cut down one fold to make it single fabric? I can see the sense if one were making a tubular dress and one were slim enough to use it as it is. Thank you regards cotton lady

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I think you can use it either way. For using it tubular, it would have to be the correct width of the tshirt or dress you would want to make. If you have a t-shirt or other garment that doesn’t have side seams, you could use it as your pattern to create a copy. If the tubular fabric won’t work for your project then just cut the length you need and cut one of the folds so you can just treat it as normal fabric. I’ve never purchased this type of fabric before. Lucky you, since you get to experiment with it. 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank you so much. I have cut this out as normal using the straightest fold, first I had to find the grain lines as it had stretched with washing and gone out of shape. So I understand a little better now and your help made it a little easier to experiment with. regards cottonlady

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.