Book Promo Banner
Taking Out the Basting

Taking Out the Basting

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Taking Out the Basting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I watched your video on Basting and watched a couple of your videos where you put an entire garment together. I have only being sewing for about 6 months so please don’t laugh when I ask… if you sew over your basting stitches… and you are supposed to take them out after your garment is complete… how do you get them out when you have other stitches right on top with out ruining the good small stitches?? I tried making a dress (I say tried because the fit was horrible when completed and I would never wear it out even though I’m super proud of myself for completing it!) and I did the best I could to get most of the basting stitches out but it is just a little complexing to me at this time.. How Do You Get Rid of Those Stitches When You Don’t Need Them Any More?!?

~E3F

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay! I just got my computer and internet back up from my move. I only remove basting stitches if I can see them on the right side of my project. If they’re inside the seam or your regular stitches are right over them, then you can just leave them. It’s too hard to remove them and your garment will still look good. I’m glad to hear you finished your project! Great job! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.