Book Promo Banner
Stitching a quilt on basic Kenmore sawing machine

Stitching a quilt on basic Kenmore sawing machine

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Stitching a quilt on basic Kenmore sawing machine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello
    I am finishing up my quilt that consists of lightweight cotton batting and 3 sheets of cotton. At this point I am attaching binding and my machine has a hard time (I get lots of looping on the bottom stitch). I am using 90 universal needle and universal basic foot. Is there a way of doing on my machine? and, if yes, what are the settings and requirements?
    P.S. I have done this kind of stitching before awhile ago, but I wonder if I am doing something different this time.

Thank you very much!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

So is the thread kind of birdnesting on the backside? Maybe take all the thread and bobbin out and try rethreading the machine. After it’s threaded, try sewing on a test quilt sandwich and see if it’s working any better. Also is the quilt feeding smoothly under the foot or does it tend to get stuck and sewn a lot in one spot? If this is the case, you may want to invest in a walking foot. This way the quilt is being fed through the machine on top and the bottom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.