Book Promo Banner
Staystitch Protocol

Staystitch Protocol

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Staystitch Protocol

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

On both your dress videos (2147 and 2444) you show how to staystitch the neck area of the bodice/yolk 1/2″ from the edge from shoulder to shoulder in a continuous stitch.   Then yesterday I was on the Simplicity website and they do it a little differently:  they start at one shoulder and stitch to the center of the neck; then they repeat on the opposite side.   When looking at the pattern directions, it seems to show this too.

I know the first time I tried stay-stitching the neck from shoulder to shoulder I got some puckering in the fabric.  I spent a little time adjusting the thread tension, omitted a tack stitch at either end and could smooth any residual pucker in the fabric.   But when I do this one side at a time, there seems to be no puckering.

Is there an advantage to doing it the way you show?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Nope, it’s just the way I’ve always done it since I learned in my sewing classes years ago.  I say go with the way your way, if it works better for you.  I’m always glad to hear about your progress.  You’ll just get better and better. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.