Book Promo Banner
Skirt Extension

Skirt Extension

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Skirt Extension

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am really excited about learning how to make my own skirt pattern! So thank you for the tutorial.

My preference in to wear full length skirts. Is there a way for a tutorial to be made for that? Maybe an extension of the simple skirt tutorial?

I would be ecstatic if this were possible.

I am really looking forward to making my own skirt, since I can’t seem to find ones that fit me the way I would like.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi there, You can actually use the tutorial to make the skirt any length you want.  I just did a short skirt because I wanted to be able to fit all my work on screen.  When you draw your side seam line, you’re going to substitute your desired length measurement.  For your skirt, measure from your waist down to where you want the bottom of the skirt to hit.  Whatever that number is, that’s going to be the length of your side seam.  I just use my measurements as an example in the tutorial so it would be easier to explain. We’ll eventually have more tutorials showing you how to alter the basic skirt to get other styles.  Good luck with your skirt and we’d love to see a picture of it when you finish.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.