Book Promo Banner
Skipped stitches when sewing Ponte de Roma fabric

Skipped stitches when sewing Ponte de Roma fabric

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Skipped stitches when sewing Ponte de Roma fabric

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 4 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello, I’ve been trying to make a pair of pants using Ponte de Roma fabric. What was a easy pattern is now a disaster. I keep getting skipped stitches after every inch or so. I’ve used stretch needles, ball point, even microtek needles. I’ve even taken a scrap piece of fabric to the viking dealer and it skipped on their machine (same as mine HCLASS 100q) then when they changed the needle it stopped for a little while. I don’t know what to do now. I’ve also loosened presser foot and thread tension.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

yikes! that is frustrating! Usually with skipped stitches, the culprit is the needle or thread. While you may be using the correct type of needle, such as a stretch needle, maybe the size is incorrect. Example, you’re using an 11 but maybe you need to use a size 14. I’ve seen examples of people having horrible issues with skipped stitches and then it vastly improves with a needle of a different size. Also, you want to make sure you’re using good quality thread. another option is to adjust the stitch length and see if this helps.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for replying. I found a 75 stretch needles, and rewound bobbin, and no skipped stitches. Thank you so much for replying.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

oh good! I’m so glad to hear that you were able to clear it up! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.