Book Promo Banner
Sizing Patterns

Sizing Patterns

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Sizing Patterns

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am a short stocky hourglass with a full bust and full hips.  I need a smaller pattern with adjustments to fit those to areas.  I have tried to find a sewing instructor, no such luck.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi there, So are you asking about altering the patterns?  Yes, you can adjust for a larger bust by a slash and spread method and I’ve actually been wanting to do a tutorial on it as I know there are probably a lot of people out there with a similar issue.  I have the opposite problem with no bust. 🙁  Anyways, my goal is to have a tutorial regarding this issue in the next month or so.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

If you’re looking for patterns, take a look at Simpliciry’s Amazing Fit and their A,B,C,and D Cup patterns to get you started.  There;s not a lot of variety but if you haven’t done alterations before, they’ll be a pretty good place to start.  Once you’re comfortable, you’ll be able to take any pattern and alter it for your shape.  That’s how I started whne my lovely petite daughter became a busty 13 year old.  It was hard to find appropriate clothing for her age and figure.  If you decide to go that route, ask for help along the way so you don’t get frustrated.  You’re not alone.  🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.