Book Promo Banner
Simplicity Pattern 2444 Pleat – Center Front Seam Issue

Simplicity Pattern 2444 Pleat – Center Front Seam Issue

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity Pattern 2444 Pleat – Center Front Seam Issue

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am working on the skirt front and I noticed that the last dotted line nearest the center skirt front for the pleats  falls inside the seam -unlike the center back skirt ( as featured in the youtube video where there is sufficient space for the pleat to be placed on the dotted line and allow for a 5/8 seam). Should I do the pleats first then do the seam, starting with a 3/8 seam and expanding to 5/8 as I move in the direction of the hem? I hope my question makes sense.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Do the front seam first at the 5/8″.  Yes, you are correct that the top of the pleat line falls within seam line but it’s fine.  After you’ve stitched the center front seam, then create the center pleats the best you can using the line that ‘s remaining as a guide.   Once you do it, you’ll see that it works out.  I’d love to see a picture of your dress when you finish. 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thanks much! So I’ll have two pleats instead of three then? I attempted to fold the last one unto the center front seam.. but that won’t work either.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Maybe it would be better to start at the center and work your way outward

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Great suggestion. This is a muslin so I might incorporate it in the actual dress. It’s my first dress, second pattern( basic blouse) and first time sewing in over 2 years. Without your video I would NOT be able to figure out the instructions. Thanks again for your help! Also, will you be doing more pattern videos soon, it would be great to see a blazer, jacket or pant pattern video?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.