Book Promo Banner
Simplicity Pattern 2172- Trimmed Seam Allowance Mistake

Simplicity Pattern 2172- Trimmed Seam Allowance Mistake

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity Pattern 2172- Trimmed Seam Allowance Mistake

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donna Farris
    Participant

I hope you can help. I have been following your tutorial video on Simplicity’s pattern 2172. Working on the skirt: I managed to get the body of the skirt and pleats done. I was in the process of adding the waist band to the gathered portion of the skirt. I don’t know how it happened but when I went to trim my seam allowance, My pecking sears clipped more than just the allowance. I think I know how to correct it, but I would like to have some adult supervisor advice on the process.

Sincerely
    D

Donna Farris
    Participant

Ps. I am thinking that I am going to have to remove the entire waist band (via cutting) – move the zipper placement down 1//4-1/2 inch and start over. ?? Would this be correct??

D

professorpincushion
    Participant

If it’s just a slice, and not an actual hole, maybe put some lightweight interfacing fused to the inside to hold it together and reinforce the area. If it were me, I’d rather try to do a simple repair then take out the whole waistband.

Donna Farris
    Participant

Thanks!! However, the cut was a little bit bigger than I thought . It’s on the inside and won’t be “seen” however I tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist at times. I will try the patch before I “take out” the band. Again thanks!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.