Book Promo Banner
Simplicity pattern 2172. – skirt

Simplicity pattern 2172. – skirt

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity pattern 2172. – skirt

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 2 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Okay..Confused again,I’m towards the end of the video. Where the pleats join to the skirt,I had to rewatch this video to try and make sense but still confused.

at the beginning you connected the 3 panels,are they supposed to be the same length? or two are supposed to be longer than the other one?

I was going to ask this on youtube but thought i’d attach a picture for this to make a little more sense.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Are those bottom panels that go at the bottom of the skirt? You’ll have to take those apart and line them up so all the short ends are together, forming 1 long strip. Then once you have the strip, you can start pleating them. did I understand your question correctly?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Sorta.. Sorry i’m very bad at explaining what I mean.

I mean the the three panels where it’s in the middle,the part where the zipper sews on to.

i just rewatched your video and it’s pieces 20.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

sorry for the delay. My computer died and I’ve been mostly off the grid waiting for my new one to arrive. You should have 3 pieces of 20 and they should all be the same size. Check the pattern piece but I believe that all three should have been cut on the fold of the fabric so the fabric piece should be twice the size of the pattern piece. They should be stitched together so that the single notch matches up on all three pieces and you’ll end up with a loop.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.