Book Promo Banner
Simplicity pattern 2147 – How to remove the back pleats?

Simplicity pattern 2147 – How to remove the back pleats?

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity pattern 2147 – How to remove the back pleats?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hey there! 🙂

I just finished doing my muslin for the simplicity pattern 2147 with the help of your video. It turned out okay, but I have one major issue: there is way too much fabric at the back, so it looks extremely unflattering and bulky. I think removing the back pleats (they look kind of awkward) would help – but as a beginner I’m not sure how to alter the pattern properly. I also would like to alter the body piece to be more curved towards the waist – no idea how to!

Could you help me out with my issues?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany! 🙂

Conny

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi Conny! It would take some alteration to the pattern to do this. What you might consider doing is measuring each pleat section, adding the measurements together and then shaving it off the side seam of the back. You would, of course have to redraw the side seam to meet the other side seam. Another option since you’ve already created the muslin is to get the back how you would like it, if you need to cut off excess fabric then do it. Once it’s perfect for you, use that muslin piece as your pattern piece. If you need to make the seam allowance a little bigger to make it more fitted then do that. Just make sure that after you make adjustments, you try it on and you’re able to bend over and sit down. We don’t want to make it so fitted you can no longer move comfortably. And this dress is actually meant to be really loose and can be pretty flattering with a belt. Hope this helps! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.