Book Promo Banner
Simplicity patter 7092

Simplicity patter 7092

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity patter 7092

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Belugasew
    Participant

I’m stuck at the part for the pocket, it says press under 1/4″ on upper edge of pocket. Turn upper edge to OUTSIDE along fold line forming facing. Stitch along seam line on raw edges; trim to 1/4″. I got to press under 1/4″, then I’m lost.

Attachments:
    professorpincushion
    Participant

hello! Ok, let’s see if we can break this down and get you through this pocket! Let’s start at the beginning, even if you already did it. When turning the 1/4″ at the top of the pocket, do it while looking at the wrong side of the pocket. Press this 1/4″. Then flip the pocket to the right side. On your pocket pattern, there should be a line at the top indicating where to fold. This line should have been added to your fabric pocket so if you haven’t done that, do it now. So while looking at the right side of the pocket, you’ll fold on that line and pin it into place. You should see your 1/4″ original fold on the right side when you do this. I’d press this new fold line. Now on the pocket sides, you’ll going to stitch at the 5/8″ seam allowance in the folded section only. Trim the seam allowance part only. The next step will be to take the folded section and flip it over to the wrong side, giving you a nice hem at the top of the pocket and it will naturally start to turn the sides of the pocket inward which makes it easier to start pinning the sides for that step. I hope that clears it up easier for you! Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.