Book Promo Banner
Simplicity 2147 Yokes

Simplicity 2147 Yokes

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity 2147 Yokes

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

First off, I cannot thank you enough for your videos using commercial patterns! When sewing together the front and back yokes of 2147, they match perfectly at the shoulder, but the back yoke is longer than the front yoke from top to bottom. I noticed yours were, too. I rechecked the paper pattern pieces, and the back piece is longer than the front from top to bottom. I’m assuming they’re supposed to be like that, so do you just scoot the back yoke up to meet the front, matching the notches and raw edges, and sew it? Thanks!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Yup, that’s correct. It’s just the style and the yoke bottoms shouldn’t be lining up. I’d just worry about the shoulder area matching up. Please post a pic when you finish as I’d love to see how it turns out for you. 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

So, I don’t meet the raw edges at the bottom? I just leave them different lengths and sew them together? Thanks!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Just bring the raw edges together and sew the underarm seam together. It’s ok, if one side will not lie flat. 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank you, so much! I made one a few weeks ago, love it, and plan on making more. I will post pics soon! Please keep making videos using commercial patterns. Otherwise, I cannot understand their “instructions”!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.