Book Promo Banner
Simplicity 1590 1940s Retro Blouse, View B

Simplicity 1590 1940s Retro Blouse, View B

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity 1590 1940s Retro Blouse, View B

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello Professor, I am a size 48 DD bust and my high bust is 44. I chose size 22 to use to make my adjustments. I need to make multiple adjustments ( bust, waist and hip). But, my question concerns full bust increase and waist. I viewed your great video on full bust increase. I followed the directions, but when I pivot the dart and hemline move. I do not know where I am going wrong as I follow along with your video instructions, yet on both the back and front pieces when I pivot back to the original trace, it does not match. Could it be that this pattern is not suited for pivot and that I should just add the inches to the seam edges? Or, should I slash and spread to make my adjustments?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hmmm…it could be you need to increase it by too much and it’s changing the shape. You might want to try the pivot plus slide for increasing the bustline by 4″ or more, shown in our tutorial Increasing the Sleeve Width. I know that sounds confusing as you’re not worried about the sleeve but I lumped those together since increasing the bustline by a lot does alter the armhole so you might want to take a watch at the second half of this tutorial. Since you’re altering all aspects of this pattern, you might want to consider doing pattern grading which basically increases the overall size of a pattern instead of doing all the aspects individually. We don’t have a tutorial on this yet, but you can find a pretty good article on it here: http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/37396/pattern-grading-basics Super cute top! Please post a pic when you finish it 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.