Book Promo Banner
Sewing machine

Sewing machine

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Sewing machine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wendy
    Participant

Hi, I’ve enjoyed the videos you post, in the faux fur one I noticed you could adjust your needle and bobbin tensions with dials. What machine do you use? I checked out the speigel 60609 but couldn’t tell if it had that feature. Looked pretty cool tho, you can get an app to sync with your tablet! How do you like speigel? I had a juki and wasn’t impressed, I just see apparel. Thanks!

professorpincushion
    Participant

Yes, I was using the spiegel 60609 in the faux fur video and you can adjust thread, bobbin and foot pressure tension. I’ve been using this machine in our videos for the last three years. I’ve enjoyed using it. It does come with a lot of stitches, especially for it’s price point. It can connect to your tablet and the app to see the needle area, but I don’t really use this feature so I can’t really say much about it. If you’re looking for a beginner mechanical machine, I’ve been also using the Spiegel 3201 and I really like it when I’m sewing apparel. It’s also a really good price. The 3201 only lets you adjust the thread tension because it utilizes a drop in bobbin. But the sewing machine best for you really depends on what you’re looking for in a machine and how much you want to spend. I did a video on sewing machine buying here: https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/tips-for-buying-a-sewing-machine/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.