Book Promo Banner
sewing machine

sewing machine

Home Page Forums Ask A Question sewing machine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hello i am super new to sewing i have been intimidated for so long but i really want to create some small fun projects that require sewing but i don’t know what kind of sewing machine to buy. I do not want anything to expensive but something that will work well for small project. Is there any specific brand i should look out for?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi there,
    I’m not really a machine person as I’ve been using the same machine for over 10 years now. It’s a Husqavarna though which are pretty pricey. Usually you can get a new Brother or Singer machine for around $100 or so and most people seem to like them. I would check out overstock and you can read reviews from actual owners. They also seem to have great prices and sometimes you can get a nicer model but it’s refurbished so you get more bang for your buck. Also, check out craigslist, ebay, thriftstores, and yard sales. Even if they’re not new, you might be able to snag a Husqavarna, Pfaff, or Bernina for a good deal and their machines are well built. Sometimes it’s better to snag one of those machines (even if it’s older) and run it by a sewing machine repair person for maintenance because they were built to last and still sew beautifully.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.