Book Promo Banner
Searching for Pattern Making Paper

Searching for Pattern Making Paper

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Searching for Pattern Making Paper

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I saw your video on you tube on how to alter a pattern at the bust area it was so helpful.   What I wanted to know where to Find the pattern paper with the dots or  numbers .  I did find one place but the price was a bit high do you know where I could find a more reasonable priced one.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi there, You can find pattern paper online:  http://www.fashionpatterns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=78  I got mine on a 10 yard roll for about $10, just to give you something to compare. But you really don’t need to use pattern paper as any large sheet of paper would work for this.  As an alternative, check your local art supply store as you might find something that would work and may be more in your budget. Welcome to our site! 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I get mine from Amazon.com. Here is the info:

Dukal Reflections Table Paper – Smooth,White, 21″ x 225′
    by Dukal
    4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
    Price: $9.79

In Stock.
    Ships from and sold by Source One Beauty.

for massage or waxing
    waxing table paper – smooth
    21″ x 225′ White
    provides extraordinary strength
    provided a clean, protected work surface

It is used in Dr offices for their exam tables. It is easy to use tracing paper and a wheel to transfer multi-size patterns so you don’t have to ruin the pattern for other sizes. I also buy the tracing paper there in long length rolls and width. I found a double head tracing wheel there. It is metric, but the difference in 5/8″ and mm size of the wheel (which is adjustable) is miniscule. I can get the info for you if you like.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I have gotten the other info for you all.

Saral Transfer (Tracing) Paper 12in. x 12 ft. roll red easy-to-see for scaling (at Amazon.com) for $14.78

Clover Double Tracing Wheel (at Walmart,com) for $8.27

Hope this helps!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I also use the Dr.’s table paper for my tracing patterns. I can use my cutting mat & trace my lines & numbers on it. very cheap.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

That’s a great suggestion!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I get mine from Amazon.com. It is around $10 for a LONG roll of it. Will last for quite a while. I am about to order some more along with the Saral tracing paper. I got my double wheel tracing wheel and I love it. Got it from Walmart. It can be set so that you can trace the pattern size and mark the seam allowance, too. It is metric, so there is about 1/16″ difference, but I doubt that would make a big difference in the fit. I tend to cut on the outside of the line rather than inside or on top of it. I do a better job of cutting because I can see the line clearer.

If anyone else has a source other than Amazon, let me know. I will check it out. OH! I am ordering a scissor/knife sharpener, too. My scissors seem to get dull easily.

Has anyone purchased fabric from Hobby Lobby? How is the quality? The closest fabric store to me is Hancock Fabrics about 30 miles away. I’ve been purchasing fabric from Walmart, but it sure is thin. Even, the flannel is thin and doesn’t really have a selvage. Sure unravels easily.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Would brown or white butcher paper be to heavy for tracing? I think I would prefer the white. I do like the exam paper since it is translucent and shows the fabric.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I think butcher paper would be fine for making your blocks. I do prefer something more translucent for making the pattern because I can lay it directly on the block to trace it and then add my seam allowances. If you want your patterns to be more durable for multiple use, copy the patterns onto manila paper.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.