Book Promo Banner
RULES: Please Read

RULES: Please Read

Home Page Forums Ask A Question RULES: Please Read

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Please do not request that we create a specific pattern tutorial in the ask a question forum. Asking a question about a pattern is just fine, we would love to help.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

ty so much and one more thing what can i do to hide the red spot were the tail go

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hmmm…you might not have enough sock to remove it completely but you can just use a different type of sock and then don’t have to worry about it.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Professor––I’m in the process of unfolding a paper pattern, doing a rough-cut-out of the pieces, and ironing them flat. Trouble is they don’t go flat, really, with ironing. They lose most of the big creases and wrinkles, but some of that stays there in the paper. Do you know any technique for getting these gossamer little things to actually lie flat and behave? Thanks.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Jimmy C, I know some people will iron freezer paper to the back. You can find freezer paper at your local grocery store. One side is waxy and will go to the wrong side of your patterns. The heat will make it stick but it’s usually not permanent and can be peeled off. It’ll also make your patterns more durable. Hope this helps.

kgirona830
    Participant

i am looking to make a professional tote bag for work -don’t want the patchwork quilted bags. maybe out of a twill or tweed fabric. would simplicity pattern s9398 style a work? how would you handle making those handles? any other pattern suggestions? kgirona830@gmail.com = karen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.