Book Promo Banner
reversible bikini bottom

reversible bikini bottom

Home Page Forums Ask A Question reversible bikini bottom

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 6 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

How can I sew reversible bikini bottoms with the seam in the crotch?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

here’s how one girl did it. Basically, you’re slip stitching the side seams after attaching the two sides together. http://www.thepelicanhousesc.com/diy/diy-cheeky-bikini-bottoms-the-tutorial

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

thanks for getting back to me! I have actually made those according to her directions and those instructions have you sew the seams at the sides. I have trouble making the sides look nice so I was wondering if you know a way to make it work sewing at the crotch instead. thanks for your help ! trish

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

sorry for the delay in response! I think it gets really tricky doing the slip stitch at the crotch. Essentially, you’re sewing one bikini together, including the side seams, leaving the crotch seam open. Then repeating with the other side. If you put them together, right side to side and sew everything together, but the crotch seam (because you have to leave an area open), I don’t think you will be able to flip it right side out when you’re done. The only way I think it’ll work is if, when you sew the two bikinis together, right side to right side, you’re only sewing them together at the waist. Then you can flip it right side out but the crotch plus the leg seams then have to be hand sewn together so it won’t be as neat as you imagine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.