Book Promo Banner
Resources for sewing competition dance dresses

Resources for sewing competition dance dresses

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Resources for sewing competition dance dresses

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello!

I’m a new-ish dancer, learning ballroom dancing, and I am quickly getting to the point where I will need dresses/costumes for competitions, but I just don’t have multiple thousand dollars to drop on them. I am NOT new to sewing. 😉 So, that being the case, I figure it would be worth it to try and make my own. Can someone recommend resources that may help me with this, either direct tutorials on sewing dance uniforms (like how to join an overdress to a leotard under), or tutorials on techniques that would be used in sewing uniforms (like sewing techniques for stretch fabrics)? I’m not entirely sure WHAT to search for, as I’ve never tried to make a dance uniform before and thus don’t know what techniques are used. Attached is just an example of the sort of dress I would want to make. Thanks so much!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Sorry, I’m not familiar with any resources that can help you out. 🙁 But hopefully, someone else will come across this and can off some helpful suggestion. I wouldn’t give up on your dream of making your own though

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.