Book Promo Banner
Request for instruction

Request for instruction

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Request for instruction

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jmazade
    Participant

One thing I see and have dealt with over the last 20 years is the lack of maternity clothes. If you dont sew you are stuck paying way too much per decent/modest garment, hoping someone donated to a second hand store, or wearing something unflattering that is 2X your size. Your only hope is to sew. I’ve developed my own stash and skills for modifying skirts to have a knit panel and shirt patterns to have extra room in the waist. I can even convert shirts to have nursing openings. After 6 (going on 7!) children I’ve seen the maternity clothes industry fail left and right. Moms need these instructions! Please put out tutorials that share these skills so they arent lost. I want to see women having more options than an knit tube dress! Not everyone likes skin tight clothes when they are pregnant/postpartum, bit dont want to wear tents or potato snacks either. Thanks for listening to my thoughts!

Fliss
    Participant

I am making pair of pants/trousers for someone and we have successfully graded up the waist following your video. There is a yoke to make larger and I am unsure how to do this. It is in two parts, back and front, and both parts are cut twice to make a facing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.