Book Promo Banner
Refurbished Machines

Refurbished Machines

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Refurbished Machines

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi. How do you all feel about refurbished machines? I found a refurbished Brother Project Runway 80 Stitch for $99.99 from a big box store. A new one is on sale for $139.99. The details say that their refurbished machines are serviced and inspected and most of the time returned because it is an unwanted gift or the customer was unable to operate it properly. Should I spring for the new one or take a chance with the pre-owned one? Thanks.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I agree that you can get some good deals on buying a refurbished item. I’ve purchased a few refurbished items myself (not sewing machine related) and have been quite happy with them. You’re definitely taking a chance though, so I would confirm the store’s return policy in case there is something wrong with the item. Usually, because it is refurbished, they may knock off the manufacturer’s warranty. So, if I were you, I would check into that or see if it can be extended. I feel more comfortable with a refurbished item if it’s manufacturer refurbished, because then I know it went back to the manufacturer and they checked everything and resealed it. In those cases, it’s usually packaged like new and no one can tell the difference. Good luck on getting a new machine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.