Book Promo Banner
Reference books

Reference books

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Reference books

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am a premium subscriber of your site. I really enjoyed the bodice back and front tutorial. My worry now is that does the measurements used for the bodice front and back apply to all sizes? Including junior misses and women?. And also can you reference a book that have helped you achieve such a feet in pattern making?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m so glad you enjoyed our tutorial. For the full bodice tutorials, I learned through this book: How to Design Beautiful Clothes by Esther Kaplan Pivnick. It’s very old (1949) but the techniques taught are still really relevant and works great. I believe she had several books published, so if you find one, I highly recommend checking it out. What I really like about the bodice pattern drafting, is that you’re taking a lot of body measurements and so you end up with a fairly fitted bodice and, when I made mine, I didn’t have to do many alterations to the pattern. So I would say, that this method would work well for juniors (I’m small chested so I can verify this part) and women alike, as long as you get accurate body measurements. Thanks for the question! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.