Book Promo Banner
Prom Dress

Prom Dress

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Prom Dress

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

My daughter and I found a prom dress she really liked, the company is from China and from research have many complaints against them. My dd says forget it, but I keep thinking about this dress. I did find it elsewhere for almost $400.00, but we cannot afford that. I am considering making her a dress similar to it. So how would I go about doing that? Could I just locate patterns and match the top and bottom part of this dress, even if its not the same pattern? Would this be a simple task? Im finding it very hard to find many prom dress patterns, but I have found dresses that have some of the features of this dress. What do you think and would this be possible? Thank you very much! Tina

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

When I click on the pic, it comes out very small but I did find this pattern from McCall’s. It’s not exactly the same but maybe it’ll help. http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m6838-products-47785.php?page_id=109 The nice thing is that this pattern allows you to mix and match elements so you can do the version with the more covered up bodice with short skirt and then long overlay. If you scroll down to the outline drawings, it would like view B. You could frankenstein two patterns together but maybe show this to your daughter. It can be fun and make her feel like she’s the designer. 🙂 Let me know how it works out!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Ha, I went to Hancock today and saw this same pattern! I liked that you can mix and match the pieces. The overlay, however, is two pieces, but I should be able to put the pattern on the fold (as to not have a seam in the front). Its also too short in front, but that can be fixed before cutting. I also like the top as it had no sleeves and she’ll like that much better. I am concerned that the front wont look like a skirt, like the photo I sent shows. And that there will be too much excess skirt, but maybe that’s the way the material is hanging her because its a really lite material. But in any case, it should work as this the closest I have found to the dress above. Thank you so much for your help. Here’s a better photo of it. 🙂

http://images.newyorkdress.com/Items_Big/48638_154015.jpg

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I posted a response to this on your facebook page in Messages. Thank you! Tina

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.