Book Promo Banner
projects for boys?

projects for boys?

Home Page Forums Ask A Question projects for boys?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I usually work with girls age 5-12 but want to do some basic home sewing with the boys invited. Small coin bags take very little material and can provide some basic machine sewing (that EVERYBODY loves) and I use a button and loop or sewn on snap closure that provides a necessary basic repair skill. I use my little bag to keep my mints in my bag and they are very uni-sex but small. Does anyone have a ‘boy friendly’ project that would allow them to make the sewing machine roar without having to buy too much material?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

When we go to events and want to do a fun workshop, we always do our apple cozies. We have a tutorial here on the site. It’s been a hit with boys and girls because you can be creative and create it to look like anything you want. We usually have the basic fleece base already cut out with the holes punched around the edges, but bring yarn, felt scraps, embroidery floss, buttons, whatever and let the kids go at it to basically embellish to their hearts content. It’s always so much fun to see what they come up with and they get so excited to actually put an apple in it and take it to school. The Professor’s Assistant got into it last time and he made all 4 Ninja Turtles and it was adorable!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.