Book Promo Banner
Project Runway Pattern 2444

Project Runway Pattern 2444

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Project Runway Pattern 2444

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi
    I am just about to make my first dress, so naturally I have chosen one for which there is a tuition video. Thanks so much for that.
    Just a couple of questions.
    1. What sort of material did you use because I would like to use the same type. The dress looks great.
    2. Am not sure if I have missed something, but I can’t find any instruction to finish the raw edges of the material and it looks as though it might fray. Should I pre-overlock with my overlocker, or use the overedge foot on my machine. Or should I just leave it.
    I would be very grateful for your help.
    JayEm

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m so glad to hear that you’re attempting your first dress! You can totally do it! I used taffeta for my example. Yes, I would recommend finishing the raw edges. You can preoverlock the edges at the beginning just to get it over with or serge all your seams so you do a seam and finish at the same time. For other ways to finish raw edges, you can check out this video: https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/finish-seams/ When you finish your dress, please post a pic. 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Sorry to be needy, but I have another question. I would really like to put in the short sleeves in my dress. I am unclear whether I should complete steps 31, 32 and 33 Armhole Facing, and then 34 and 36 for the short sleeves. In other words, do I need to finish off the armhole if I am inserting a sleeve please? I must admit, I am currently worried about instructions 34 and 36 but am hoping all will become obvious when I reach that point!
    Thanks.
    JayEm

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

No, you don’t need to do the armhole facing if you’re doing sleeves. You can just skip that portion and jump to the sleeve instructions. You can do it! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.