Book Promo Banner
Problem with Puckers

Problem with Puckers

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Problem with Puckers

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

New to the group and not very experienced with machine embroidery. When embroidering on anything knit, like a T shirt or Onesie, my projects frequently have puckers and I find myself throwing it away, thus wasting time and money let alone getting totally frustrated. What’s the key to pucker free embroidery? Also, like with normal sewing, you should use a needle for knits, does the same hold true for an embroidery machine? Are there special needles that should be used when embroidering on knits? Thanks, T

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi MsTLF, I’m reading a few questions in your post. I’d like to offer some suggestions. When embroidering on a knit you need to use – cut-away ( not wash away, not tear tear away) stabilize in the hoop. Your project will not survive the washing of the garment. The embroidery will buckle more and more with each wash. The cut-away stabilizer should be the correct weight of cut- away stabilizer for the stitch count of the embroidery design. You will have improved results using a ball point sewing.machine needle to embroidery onto a knit fabric. For more detailed information on choosing hoop stabilizers – http://www.embroideryonline.com – comes to mind. Their “techniques” tab or the “Tips” should be helpful. For information about sewing machine needles – Schmitz.com – look at the “products tabs”. Schmitz is the go to place for everything you should know about home embroidery machine needles. I hope I was helpful. I would like to see your project. Hope you’ll post a picture. MN

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Great tip! Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.