Book Promo Banner
Preventing injury

Preventing injury

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Preventing injury

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 7 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello, I hope the subject didn’t cause any sort of fear that I wasn’t following the general rules of thumb for sewing safely. My question’s more relating to a different type injury. You see back before thanksgiving, I was doing a lot of sewing both by hand and machine on a hoodie I was trying to complete in time. Though my hand and wrist were cramping up on me and I finally had to take a break for a few days from the pain. This has happened to me quite a few times in the past. It usually seeming to come from working too hard and not taking the breaks when I should of. Is there anything you do to prevent similar issues aside from breaks? I had heard that professional animators do hand exercises to prevent injury so I was curious if there was anything you did.

Thank you

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Taking breaks is definitely a good thing. My doctor also recommended for me to wear some kind of wrist support like this: http://www.joann.com/creative-comfort-crafter-s-comfort-glove-medium/2309631.html

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Cool, I’ll look into getting one of those. thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.