Book Promo Banner
Preshrunk Batting

Preshrunk Batting

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Preshrunk Batting

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 5 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello ,I am new to quilting. I have started to make a simple twin size block quilt(8″squares). I want information about preshrunk batting as i do not like the wrinkly look in quilt.please let me if any preshrunk batting is available ,btand and store to buy or a bating which I can shrink .

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

If you buy the polyester batting, you don’t have to worry about it shrinking. These come in different thickness so you can get really thin or really thick batting. (for a beginner, I wouldn’t use the really thick stuff because it’s pretty hard to handle under the sewing machine) If you get the 100% cotton, like warm and natural, it’s usually prewashed but not preshrinked. It may shrink some after washing but it’s not much. (I think they say it can shrink 3%) If it does shrink, it may get some puckering in the seams. If you want to use the 100% cotton, but want to take care of the shrinking ahead of time, you can prewash it again before attaching it to your quilt. I would make sure to read the directions on the package if you do want to pretreat it.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank you , I have got warm and natural batting .will update how it goes !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.